Hiking With My Dad and Dog

 Today I went on a hike with my dad and my dog. My dogs name is Leia and she is a Golden Retriever. We were originally supposed to go backpacking, but my body needed an actual bed to sleep in, so we just did a 4 mile hike instead. There are some really beautiful hikes in Beaver County at Brady's Run Park. It was such a nice day for a hike. My dog is such a good hiking dog. We let her off the leash and she goes about 20 feet ahead of us. If someone passes, you're supposed to put your dog on a leash, but sometimes we don't feel the need because she will just let the people pass without going up to them because she knows not to. She did something funny today. She stopped right before a mud puddle because usually my dad will put her on the leash so she doesn't go in them, but instead she just waited before the puddle and then hesitated going into it. Luckily she didn't get that muddy. Overall, it was a great hike and it was good to be outside in nice weather again. Try to find Leia in this picture!


Comments

  1. I love this picture and the personal connection you posted about it. I have never been hiking and being new to Pennsylvania, I have heard nothing but great things about the trails here. I am definitely going to look into visiting Beaver County. I also think it's important that you mentioned that you changed your plan because your body needed more rest. It is such a subtle point but has to be noted as athletes and many people fail at being physically active due to not giving their bodies enough rest. Your dog is adorable as well, and I in fact found her in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hiking, I think it is a great way to get outdoor and see nature. Your dog is absolutely the cutest. It was a great day today to do some hiking with the weather finally warming up slightly. Personally, I always like hiking with someone else, nice to have someone to take in the hike with you. I am from Pittsburgh, so I like hiking in McConnell's Mills or Moraine State Park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very cool because a lot of people don't go hiking as much as they used to. Plus, it's also nice that you are getting some activity with your family and your dog while you're up at college. I haven't actually ever been hiking before even though it looks very fun to do. I think I have to just go outside more in general since this seems like a good activity to do. If you have any park recommendations, definitely let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hiking At McConnells Mill

Rock Climbing

Hockey Practice