Rock Climbing

 Today I worked at the Arc at the Rock Climbing Wall. It wasn't super busy, but we got a couple regulars and a couple new people in the three hours that I was there for. I got to belay someone who was newer to climbing and help them learn more about it. I also got to try out a few new routes that my co-workers had set. I got one of them, but the other one I still need to work on. I think that if I work on my flexibility and grip strength over the next couples weeks I will be able to get it. I will be going camping and hiking with my dad this weekend, stay tuned!

Comments

  1. Rock climbing seems pretty fun. Every time I go to the Arc there is always someone on it, and it looks like a challenge. It definitely takes some strength and flexibility, and I think it would be cool to try one of these times I am down there. One thing I never understood though is the routes for a climbing wall. Are they based off of the colors of the hand and foot holds, or is it something you just create yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find rock climbing to be pretty challenging. I have never participated in rock climbing myself but it seems fun. I always see the wall at the arc and maybe one day I will try it. I imagine that there needs to be a great amount of grip strength to be able to go from one rock to another. Overall, I enjoyed reading this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Climbing rocks appears to be a lot of fun. When I go to the Arc, there is usually someone on it, and it appears to be a struggle. It really takes some strength and flexibility, and I'd like to give it a shot one of these days when I'm down there. The courses for a climbing wall, on the other hand, are something I've never understood. Are they based on the colors of the hand and foot grips, or are they something you make up? Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rock climbing seems like such a satisfying challenge! The bodyweight strength and awareness required amazes me. I bet it is gratifying to help a beginner experience something as thrilling as that for the first time. Rock climbing is definitely an activity I would like to get into after I am done with athletics. Do you ever set up courses/routes of your own? Great post

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rock climbing wall at the arc looks like a lot of fun, I want to try it out sometime. Hope you keep working on the new route, you'll get it down. Also, have fun camping this weekend that sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hiking At McConnells Mill

Hockey Practice